Ensure a robust research environment in chiropractic that is well funded, with a clear career pipeline for researchers to advance the body of work.
- Identify or create a unified body to take on the leadership role and establish a fundraising strategy
- Hire science writer(s) to communicate research topics
- Identify and create a distribution platform and process for the translated work
- Establish a funded research scholarship
- Hire a team to create a practice-based research study plan, with recourses needed to execute
- There are sponsored Ph.D. and fellowship positions
- There is a unified body with an active funding strategy
- The profession is actively engaged in research
- The profession better understands what researchers do and their role in the profession
- Translational research is actively funded and occurring to meet other priority needs
- Schools are encouraging dual degree tracks in research
- There is an established Chiropractic Science Network
Meet the team
Dr. Heidi Haavik
VP Research, NZ College of Chiropractic, PhD (University of Auckland). Author ‘The Reality Check’, Director Haavik Research Ltd.
Dr. Dana Lawrence
Dr. Dana Lawrence is the Senior Director of Faculty development and Special Projects, Parker University.
Dr. Joe Betz
|While in active practice for 20 years, Dr. Joe Betz has also been a contributing author of three clinical practice guidelines on chiropractic best practices.|
Dr. Cynthia Long
Dr. Long is Dean of Research at Palmer College of Chiropractic. She holds a MS degree in statistics and a PhD in biostatistics.
Dr. Erik Kirk
Dr. Kirk graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic.
Dr. Alan Cook
Dr. Alan Cook graduated from Western States Chiropractic in 1989, specializing in osteoporosis. His is the principle investigator in one clinical trial, a sub-investigator in three trials, and is a continuing education lecturer.
Dr. Paul Dougherty
Dr. Dougherty is a staff Chiropractor at Veterans Affairs Finger Lakes Health Care System.
Dr. Philip Facquet
Dr. Facquet is in private practice in Smithtown, New York and a District 7 Board Member of the New York State Chiropractic Association District Newsletter Editor.
Dr. Katherine Pohlman
|Katherine Pohlman, D.C., M.S. Ph.D. is Director of Research at Parker University and the 2020 ACA Researcher of the Year.|
Dr. Mohsen Radpasand
Dr. Radpasand holds degrees in Medicine, Chiropractic and a M.S. in Clinical Research. His research interests focus on CAM treatment, their effect on Sport related injuries, and its biomechanical significance
Dr. Brenda Holland
Dr. Brenda Holland is the Vice-President of the Wisconsin Chiropractic Society and President of Congress of Chiropractic State Associations.
April 29th, 2022
The Research Education Fellowship is in development- guidelines are being developed to support the hosting of the 3 fellowships. Working on the procedures on how to select candidates and progress reporting. Research Agenda Survey is being built and will be sent to all chiropractic stakeholders and will be getting feedback on what should be researched. Receiving support from IPC and PFC workgroups ...